Faith for a Fair New York
Raising a Moral Voice for the Common Good
Faith for a Fair New York, a project of the Labor-Religion Coalition of NYS, is a growing network of people of faith and faith institutions across New York uniting with community and labor allies to fight for and win social and economic justice in New York State.
Our mission is to:
CONNECT New Yorkers who share a moral commitment to the common good
EMPOWER individuals and congregations with information and resources on statewide issues, and
MOBILIZE people of faith to take action together and with allied labor and community groups.
- A living wage and the right to organize for all workers.
- A faithful state budget that calls on all members of society to contribute their fair share in taxes and provides a strong social safety net, quality education, and public health.
- Access to jobs, education, housing, healthcare, and a safe living environment for all New Yorkers, regardless of race, religious belief, country of origin, immigration status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Expanded democratic participation and an end to the disproportionate influence of wealthy individuals and corporations on the political process
- We seek to build a broad and diverse network in New York State of members and leaders of all faiths, which in partnership with allied labor and community groups will take action together on issues of economic, racial and social justice.
- We frame and critique policy through our deeply held moral, spiritual, and political values.
- We seek to lift up the voices of people directly affected by poverty, inequality, and unjust policies.
- We are non-partisan, promoting a morally grounded policy agenda, but not particular parties, candidates or elected officials.
Faith for a Fair NY leaders work to identify and develop leaders throughout New York State who have a concern for issues of social and economic justice and will take action on state-level issues. These may be clergy, other faith leaders, or individuals who share a commitment to our goals and values. By building relationships and engaging an active base, we are able to mobilize quickly and efficiently when need arises. Faith for a Fair NY is committed to actively building relationships and partnering with other organizations (faith-based or not) that share our goals.